Function of Compiler Points : function of compiler, define the function of a compiler The compiler performs the following functions.
- It translates the source program into machine codes
- Compiler allocates area of main memory.
- Includes linkage for closed sub-routines.
- It produces the object program on disk.
- The compiler produces a printed copy of the source and object programs.
- Produces a list of errors found during compilation. Most popular compiler languages are COBOL, FORTRAN and RPG.