Major Function of Input and Output Devices Points : major function of input and output devices Major Function of Input Device
- These are physical equipments that read or translate data consisting of alphabets, number or other symbols into electronic impulses, which can be understood by the computer.
- The purpose of input devices is to pass information into the memory unit of the CPU.
- It converts the characters letters, numbers and other symbols into binary pattern.
Major Function of Output Device:
- The output devices are physical equipment, which present the out come of the computations and related activities carried out in the CPU so that these can be understood by humans.
- The purpose of the output devices is to convert data and information expressed in electronic impulses to human understandable forms such as printed report.